Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Stuff I Crave -- BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad

There are certain restaurants where I order the same thing over and over and over again.  Can't help it.  I don't eat out often.  If I'm eating at a restaurant that I KNOW has something I LOVE, I will order it. I always get the Grilled Salami on a Kaiser Roll at Cecil's Deli, Wild Rice Soup and Salad Bar at Bylery's, Oyster Wings and Fried Rice at Leann Chinn, and BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad at California Pizza Kitchen, CPK.

I was lucky enough to have had this salad just a few weeks ago on Jon's birthday.  It's certainly not the healthiest salad option out there, but it's comfort food to me and I crave it!



BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad

4 cups chopped Romaine
3 large fresh basil leaves chopped
3 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup drained and rinsed black beans
1/4 cup drained sweet corn
1/4 cup grated mozzarella or monterey jack cheese
1/4 cup peeled and diced jicama
1/4 to 1/2 cup prepared ranch dressing
1 large tomato diced
1 ripe avocado sliced (optional at restaurant and here too)
1 grilled bbq chicken breast, chilled and diced
1/4 - 1/2 cup prepared bbq sauce

Toss together first 7 ingredients with ranch dressing, then divide onto plates.  Divide tomato, avocado and chicken evenly among plates and drizzle with bbq sauce.




No comments:

Post a Comment