Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Aldi's Make-Ahead Dagwood Sandwich

Now that school has started, I find I'm relying on sandwiches more than ever.  Luckily my kids like them.  Jon has a peanut butter sandwich for lunch every-single-day.  My little guy switches is up a little bit...it's either ham and cheese, turkey and cheese or peanut butter.  Honestly don't know how they can stand it day in and day out.  But, it makes it super easy for me in the morning.

My daughter is a junior in high school and makes her own lunch 90% of the time.  She likes my cooking and will often take in leftovers to reheat.   However, when French baguettes are in stock at Aldi, she gets to bring in my fabulous Dagwood Sandwich.

A Dagwood Sandwich gets its name from the Blondie comic strip...Blondie's husband makes bog sandwiches with lots of toppings.  My sandwich doesn't have a "ton" of toppings, but it is big!



Make-Ahead Dagwood Sandwich

French baguette (2 ft)
12 slices deli style Rostisserie Chicken  (or off the bird)
12 slices deli ham
12 slices Genoa salami
6 slices Swiss or Cheddar cheese
6 Romaine leaves, washed
optional: banana peppers
1/4 cup Aldi "House" dressing, divided

Slice baguette in half the full length of the roll.  Drizzle half the dressing on one half the the roll and the remaining dressing on the other half.  Layer the meats, cheese and top with vegetables.  Cover with top half of roll.  Cut into 6 sections.  Wrap each section individually in wax paper, then wrap in aluminum foil.  These will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.


No comments:

Post a Comment