Thursday, August 21, 2014

Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole

I grew up in the North, but boy do I love me some good ole Southern comfort food.  One of my favorites is poppy seed chicken casserole.  Ritz crackers, butter, sour cream...oh my!  There are many versions of this recipe out there.  The one I keep going back to is from a cookbook put together by parents at my kids' school in Arkansas, Central Park Elementary.  It's simple and good (Note: If you have leftovers, be sure to warm up in the oven to keep the crackers crisp).

Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole

3 c. cooked, cubed chicken
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz sour cream (I always use light)
1 sleeve butter crackers (like Ritz), crushed
1 Tbsp poppy seeds
1 stick butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350.  Spray casserole dish with Pam.  Mix together soup and sour cream.  Fold in cubed chicken.  Spread mixture in pan.  Mix crushed crackers and poppy seeds in large Ziploc bag; add melted butter.  Spoon cracker mixture over chicken.  Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.  Serve over rice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment