Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Crock Pot Tacos

Crock Pot Tacos are one of my "go-to" meals during the school year.  They taste great, make a ton, and if you buy your ingredients at Aldi or on sale, they are very budget friendly.  I made this recipe yesterday.  Everyone in my family enjoyed multiple soft shell tacos, and there was plenty (1+ lbs) of meat left over for me to make enchiladas later this week.

Crock Pot Chicken Tacos

3 lb bag of frozen boneless skinless chicken breast
1 package taco seasoning
1 jar (or 2 cups) of medium salsa

Dump bag of frozen chicken breast in Crock Pot.  Sprinkle on package of taco seasoning.  Pour jar of salsa on top.  Cover crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours.  Shred chicken in pot and serve in flour or corn soft tortillas or crunchy taco shells and your favorite toppings.

Note:  My neighbor gave me some of her fresh cilantro from his garden, so I added that before cooking :)


No comments:

Post a Comment