Monday, January 26, 2015

Super Easy Cherry or Blueberry Cheesecake

This is the type of cheesecake I grew up on. My mom made it on a fairly regular basis.  It was delicious, so much so that  she it in the church cookbook!  It wasn't until I was in high school that I experienced real New York style cheesecake.  So I wasn't sophisticated...I still had great taste!  This recipe is really delicious and doesn't require a springform pan - yay!  I hope you give it a try sometime!

Easy Cherry Topped Cheesecake

1 package yellow cake mix
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese (softened)
1/2 cup sugar
4 eggs
1  1/2 cup milk
3 Tbsp lemon juice
3 tsp vanilla
1 can (1 lb 5 oz) cherry pie filling or blueberry pie filling

Preheat oven to 300.  Reserve 1 cup of dry cake mix.  In large mixing bowl combine remaining cake mix, 1 egg and oil (mixture will be crumbly).  Press this mixture evenly into bottom and 3/4 way up the sides of a breasted 13x9x2 inch pan.  In same bowl blend cream cheese and sugar.  Add 3 eggs and reserved cake mix.  Beat 1 minute at medium speed.  At low speed, slowly add milk, lemon juice, and vanilla and mix until smooth.  Pour into crust.  Bake at 300 for 45-55 minutes until center is firm.  When cool, top with pie filling.  Chill several hours before serving.  Store in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment