Wednesday, January 28, 2015

My Dad's French Dressing

Most of you know that my dad died of cancer when I was just 18.  Hard to believe it will be 29 years this summer.  Sigh.  To keep his memory alive, I have all sorts of mementos - art, letters, books, photos.  Luckily for me and my kids (his grandkids) we also have his recipes.  Several of his own recipes were published in my church's cookbook.  Here is his recipe for French dressing.  I hope you like it.

Dad's French Dressing

1 cup ketchup
2 small cans tomato sauce
1 small can tomato paste
1 1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 tsp salt
1 large grated onion
1 1/2 cup vinegar (brown preferred)
1 1/4 cup sugar
4 cloves diced garlic (4 heaping tsp minced garlic from a jar)

Mix sugar and vinegar separately, then add the rest of the ingredients.  Store in the refrigerator.


No comments:

Post a Comment