Monday, January 19, 2015

Pina Colada Cake (or as my family calls it, Hawaiian Wedding Cake)

I love this cake.  Hence, there is coconut, so my kids do not.  Needless to say, I don't make it often.  Luckily my sister does make it!  Woohoo!  Usually it's made for a dessert for brunch or a shower.  It's really moist and delicious...if you like pina coladas, you will love it!

Hawaiian Wedding Cake

1 yellow cake mix, made as directed on box
8 oz package cream cheese
1 small package vanilla instant pudding
1 cup milk
16 oz can of crushed pineapple
12 oz container of Cool Whip
1 cup sweetened, shredded coconut

Make yellow cake as directed on box.  Bake in a 13x9x2 pan and cool.  Mix cream cheese, vanilla pudding, and milk.  Spread this mixture on the cake.  Next drain the can of pineapple and spread onto pudding layer.  Finally, spread the Cool Whip on top and sprinkle with coconut.  Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate a few hours before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment