Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Cucumber Sandwiches help fight the wintertime blues

Yes it's cold and gross outside.  I'm thumbing my nose at it.  Take that Mother Nature, you're not going to get the best of me!  In fact, I'm making cucumber sandwiches.  Yum and yay for me!

Since cucumbers are available year round, cucumber sandwiches are easy to make anytime.  Here's the recipe I like best:

Cucumber Sandwiches

8 oz package cream cheese, softened
4 oz package Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
1 medium cucumber, sliced
1 package "party rye" (mini loaf of rye bread)
Dill for garnish

Mix together softened cream cheese and ranch dressing mix.  Spread evenly on rye slices and top each slice of bread with one slice of cucumber; sprinkle with dill.  Chill and serve.




No comments:

Post a Comment