Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Oh How I Miss Dayton's....Marketplace Smoked Turkey, Grape, and Jarlsberg Salad

Growing up in Minnesota "the" place to shop was Dayton's department store.  My family shopped at the Southdale location in my hometown of Edina.  When I graduated from college and worked in downtown Minneapolis (proud to say I worked in the Mary Tyler Moore building!), I often bought my lunch at Dayton's Marketplace Deli in the basement of the store.  Over the years, Dayton's became Marshall Fields which became Macy's.  Ugh.  It's just not the same.

Here's a recipe that will bring back the good ole days.  Enjoy!

Dayton's Marketplace Smoked Turkey Jarlsberg Salad

1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
3-4 Tbsp raspberry vinegar
1 Tbsp crushed green peppercorns (water packed, drained)
1 1/2 lb smoked turkey breast, cut into julienne strips
3/4 lb Jarlsberg cheese, cut into julienne strips
3/4 lb whole red seedless grapes, halved
1 stalk celery, chopped

Combine mayonnaise, vinegar and peppercorns in a large bowl; mix well.  Add remaining ingredients; toss.

Note: Salad can be made 24 hours ahead and refrigerated.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED this salad! Used to get some on Sunday so I could take it on the plane to eat on Monday - everyone would be so jealous having to eat their plane food while I had my delicious looking salad. Obviously, that was many moons ago!! Thank you for the recipe! I'm going to make it for Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete