Saturday, October 18, 2014

Make Your Own BUTTER

Mmmmmm....butter.  It's all I cook with.  Rich, creamy and salty.  Yep, it's high in fat, but a little goes a long way.  And did you know that butter is kind of trendy here in Nashville?  Yep.

When I was in elementary school, we visited a historic site in my town (Cahill School) and I swear we made butter every time we visited.  It wasn't difficult, but tasted divine.   I've decided to make it again.  Instead of shaking it for 30 minutes in a Mason jar, I've found that it can be made in a food processor (gotta love technology)!

I hope you make some butter for your biscuits this weekend!

Homemade Butter

1 pink heavy cream
Pinch sea salt

Pour heavy cream into food processor.  Let process for 6-7 minutes or until butter curds begin to form.  Scrape contents into a strainer and strain out buttermilk.  Place butter in small bowl and stir in sea salt.  Place in airtight container and store in refrigerator.  Use within 2 weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment