Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Cravable Mexicorn Rice

I am always looking for an interesting side to accompany simple tacos or enchiladas.  I came across this recipe recently and made it to accompany a meal I was bringing to neighbor who had just had a baby.  It's delicious!  In addition to accompanying Tex-Mex, I think it would be a popular potluck or tailgate item.  Hope you like it as much as I do!

Mexicorn Rice

1/2 cup chopped onion
1 (10 oz) bag yellow rice
2 (11 oz) cans Mexicorn
1 can cream of celery soup
4 Tbsp butter, divided
2 cups shredded cheddar, divided

Preheat oven to 350.  Saute onion in 2 Tbsp butter.  Add rice and prepare and cook according to package directions.  Gently fold in drained corn, soup, remaining 2 Tbsp butter, and 1 cup cheese until well combined.  Pour into baking dish and top with remaining 1 cup of cheese.  Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until bubbly.


No comments:

Post a Comment