Sunday, October 12, 2014

Hash Brown Quiche

Love me some Sunday brunch!  I really enjoy going after church with my friends.  But, if that doesn't work out, I've got great brunch recipes that I can make at home!   I really like potatoes in my eggs, so when I found this recipe I knew I'd love it.  Hope you like it too!

Hash Brown Quiche

3 cups frozen loose-pack shredded hash browns, thawed
1/3 cup butter
1 cup diced, fully cooked ham
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup diced green pepper
1 Tbsp diced onion
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Preheat oven to 425.  Press thawed hash browns between paper towels to remove excess moisture, then press potatoes into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie plate.  Drizzle potatoes with melted butter.  Bake at 425 for 25 minutes.  Combine ham, cheese, green pepper and onion; spoon over potato crust.  In a small bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.  Pour over all.  Reduce heat to 350 and bake for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.  Allow to stand for 10 minutes before cutting.


No comments:

Post a Comment