Thursday, September 4, 2014

The Best Meat Loaf

Growing up in the Upper Midwest, I endured a lot of meatloaf in my youth.  To be frank, I hated it!  Ugh...big chunks of bread and onion in perfectly good hamburger.  No thanks!

I've learned to love meatloaf, thanks to this meatloaf recipe from my childhood church in Edina: Edina Morningside Community Church UCC.   This recipe creates its own barbecue sauce and there are no chunks.  I hope you give it a try!

Best Meat Loaf

1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup ketchup
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
3/4 cup milk
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup crushed saltine crackers
1 small onion, diced
1 tsp salt
Pepper to taste (dash)

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease regular size loaf pan.  Press brown sugar in bottom of loaf pan. Spread ketchup over sugar.  Combine remaining ingredients until well mixed.  Place meat in pan on top of sugar and ketchup.  Bake uncovered for 1 hour.  Turn loaf out onto serving platter.  Spoon sauce on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment