Saturday, March 7, 2015

Mom's No-Boil Lasagna

Been craving my mom's lasagna lately.  As many of you know, my mom has dementia and doesn't cook anymore.   Luckily, I have her recipes.  Mom would make this for me on my birthday.  It tastes like home.  

Mom's No-Boil Lasagna

In large, deep skillet, brown together:
* 1 lb. ground beef
* ¼ cup chopped onion
* 2 tsp. salt
* 1 Tbsp. sugar
* 1 tsp. chili powder
* 1 tsp. garlic powder
* 1 ½ tsp. basil flakes

Add to beef. Bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes:
* 6 oz. can tomato paste
* 6 oz. can tomato sauce
* 3 ½ cups water

3-4 cups shrdded mozzarella cheese.

Preheat oven to 325.  In 9x13 pan, ladle about 1 ½ cups sauce. Layer uncooked lasagna noodles, more meat sauce and grated mozzarella cheese. Make three more layers.  Bake at 325 for 1 hour and 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment