Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Gucci Bars....so chic

Yep, I'm a Gucci girl.  I carried a Gucci purse in high school and college (thanks mom and dad for sending me to Italy) and again when I turned 40.  I have too many pairs of Gucci loafers and sandals in my closet that I just can't part with. Love me some Gucci bars!  Hope you do too!

Gucci Bars

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened (do not substitute margarine)
1 regular size can deluxe mixed nuts, salted
12 oz package butterscotch chips
1/2 cup white corn syrup

Preheat oven to 350.  Combine first 4 ingredients with a pastry blender.  Press dough into the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 pan, using your fingers.  (Be sure dough is in an even layer and reachers into the corners of the pan.) Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.  Cool to room temperature.  Spread can of nuts over the cooled cookie crust.  Combine butterscotch chips and white corn syrup in a sauce pan, heating and stirring until melted.  Pour over the nuts, allow to cool to room temperature and cut into squares.  Note: Do not freeze bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment