Thursday, February 19, 2015

Mrs. Clay's Special K Bars - Still One of My Favorite Treats

I took flute lessons from our minister's wife, Marian Clay, for 9 years.  In junior high I would ride the bus to their house after school, where she would graciously give me a snack before my lesson.  One of my favorite treats were her Special K bars.  My mom NEVER made these bars.  I loved (and continue to love) them.  I think you will too!

Mrs. Clay's Special K Bars

1 (6 oz) package chocolate chips
1 (6 oz) package butterscotch chips
1 cup white Karo syrup
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup peanut butter
5 cups Special K cereal (or Rice Krispies)

Melt together chocolate chips and butterscotch chips.  Set aside.  Bring to boil Karo syrup and sugar.  Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until melted and well blended.  Stir in cereal.  Press into greased 9x13 inch pan before completely cool. Spread on chocolate. Cut into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment