Monday, February 9, 2015

Dad's Favorite Corn Casserole

I have been looking for this recipe for years.  Little did I know that it was hidden in a remote section for my 1976 church cookbook!

I can imagine the smell of this dish, the look of this dish (down to the casserole pan), and even the taste.  Because of the corn, it had a distinctly sweet(ish) flavor.  I haven't had this casserole in decades.  Really, not since before my Dad died in 1986.  Can hardly wait to have it again!

Dick's Favorite Corn Dish

1 can creamed corn
1 medium onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, thin dice
1 lb ground beef
1 large red potato, sliced into bite sized pieces
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350.  Brown ground beef, onion, and celery together. Stir in creamed corn and sliced potato.  Bake in covered casserole for 30 minutes; uncover last 10 minutes for browning.



No comments:

Post a Comment