Tuesday, February 3, 2015

"Great Chicken"....my original go to recipe and still a "great" choice for dinner

My mom gave me my own copy of Bon Apetit's "Too Busy To Cook" cookbook when I was a senior in college.  One of the first recipes that I made (and continue to make) is its easy do-ahead "Great Chicken."  This is a recipe that would make Sandra Lee smile.  I think it will make your family smile too!

Great Chicken

1 (8 oz) bottle Russian salad dressing
1 cup orange marmalade
1 envelope onion soup mix
3 whole, bone in chicken breasts, halved and skinned (or 6 boneless/skinless)

Combine first 3 ingredients in large bowl and mix well.  Add chicken, turning to coat.  Cover and marinate in refrigerator overnight.

Preheat oven to 350. Arrange chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish and bake 15 minutes.  Baste generously, turn chicken over and baste again.  Continue cooking, basting occasionally until chicken tests done, about 45 minutes.  (Note: boneless skinless chicken breasts will bake for about 20-30 minutes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment