Monday, December 22, 2014

My Favorite Punch...since it's Christmastime, I'll call it "The Grinch" Punch

I love punch.  The sweeter, creamer, sticker...the better!  Doesn't have to spiked for me to like it!  One of my favorite recipes for punch is from the old (like 1970s old) Betty Crocker cookbook.  Can't even find it on Betty's website anymore.  Never fear, Betty's dear friend (or is it fierce rival?) Paula Deen is keeping the recipe alive online.

While I'm calling this green punch "The Grinch," it really is perfect any time of year.  In fact, I make it most often for bridal and baby showers.  Feel free to switch out the lime sherbet for lemon, raspberry, orange...whatever color you need.  It will still taste great!

The Grinch Punch

2 liter bottle ginger ale
2 quarts lime sherbet
1 (46 oz) can pineapple juice
maraschino cherries, lemon and lime slices to garnish

In large punch bowl, scoop in lime sherbet.  Pour in ginger ale and pineapple juice.  Add lemon, lime and cherries.


No comments:

Post a Comment