Sunday, December 21, 2014

Make Your Own Baileys Irish Cream!

Each year my husband and I host 2 parties: Kentucky Derby in the spring and Christmas Cocktails, well, now.  As you have probably figured out, I'm all about tradition.  I make (and eat) the same things year after year.  So it shouldn't be a surprise that I also tend to make the same things when I entertain.  What can I say, I like what I like!

We've got into the habit of making our own Bailey's Irish Cream.  Once you make your own, you will find it much harder to stomach the pre-mixed variety.  It is delicious and worth each and every calorie!  I encourage you to give this a try.  It's easy and great to have on hand during the holidays!  Enjoy!

Homemade Baileys Irish Cream

1 2/3 cups Irish Whiskey (like Jameson)
1 cup half-and-half (or heavy cream for extra richness)
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
2 Tbsp chocolate syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp almond extract
1 tsp instant coffee (I use Starbucks instant)

Combine all ingredients in a blender.  Store refrigerated in an air tight container.  Shake before serving.  Will keep for 2 months.  Recipe can be doubled (we normally do).

Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment