Tuesday, December 16, 2014

5 Layers (of Deliciousness) Cookie Bars

I like to bake.  I like sweets.  Probably why I've got a little extra weight to lose! Haha!  One of my friends has a annual get together at her lovely home and asks that her guests bring a sweet or savory to share.  Usually, I bring a savory.  This year, I'm feeling a little sweet, so I'm bringing one of my favorite bars: 5 Layer Bars.  A recipe for these bars is in every church, community and Jr. League cookbook in the country.  They are delectable!  Here is Paula Deen's recipe....hope you give it a try!

Paula's 5 Layer Bars

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 stick butter, melted
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup sweetend, shredded coconut
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk

Preheat oven to 350.  Spray 9x12 inch baking dish lightly with cooking spray.  Mix together melted butter and graham cracker crumbs.  Press mixture into bottom of pan.  Sprinkle pecans, chips, and coconut evenly over the graham cracker crumbs.  Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top of all.  Bake on middle rack of oven for 30 minutes.  Cut into squares when cool.






No comments:

Post a Comment