Sunday, August 9, 2026

Fresh, Quick & Classic Guacamole

 You're not free salsa...you're guacamole. I love guac on my chips (and nachos and burritos and tacos, you get the idea). The key to good guac is timing.  The avocados have to be ripe, but not too ripe. If the brown stem/tip can come off easily, it's good. This is a fast, easy, classic recipe that I like. Hope you like it too.

Quick and Easy Guacamole

3 ripe avocados

1/4 cup red onion, finely diced

1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped

1 jalapeno, seeded and diced

Juice of 2 limes (approximately 1/4 cup of lime juice)

1/2 tsp sea salt (or more to taste)

1 Roma tomato seeded and diced


Cut avocados in half, remove pits, and scoop into bowl. Mash with fork until desired consistency (I like a few small chunks, but you can make as smooth as you want). Mix in the remaining ingredients until evenly distributed. Use immediately. If you plan to store it, put it in an air tight container and press Saran Wrap onto the entire surface before sealing to prevent discoloration. 


No comments:

Post a Comment