Thursday, March 10, 2022

The Best Baked Salmon

I found this recipe for baked salmon on the Food Network website.  It was called "the best baked salmon" and they're not kidding.  I usually make a honey mustard salmon, but my kids told me they were sick of it, so I found this one.  It was excellent! I doubled the recipe because I had a large 3 lb salmon filet from Aldi (same size at Costco salmon filets).  The only change I made was that I used dried parsley instead of fresh (used about 1/4 cup for my doubled recipe)

Ingredients

2 tablespoons light brown sugar

1/2 teaspoon paprika

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs

1/2 cup parsley leaves, chopped

2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

1 1/2 pounds skin-on salmon fillet, preferably center-cut

1 tablespoon Dijon

Directions

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Mix the brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, 1 teaspoon kosher salt and a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper in a small bowl. Mix the panko with the parsley, butter, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and a few grinds of black pepper in another small bowl.

Place the salmon skin-side down on the prepared baking sheet and spread the surface with the Dijon. Press the brown sugar mixture all over the salmon then top with the breadcrumb mixture. Crimp all four sides of the foil to create a border around the salmon, this will help collect the juices so they don't spread and burn. Bake until the breadcrumbs are golden brown, and the salmon is firm and flakes easily when pressed, 15 to 18 minutes. Cut into four equal portions for serving. 


No comments:

Post a Comment