Thursday, August 6, 2015

Paula's Zucchini Bread

It's summer!  That means most of us with gardens (or who have friends with gardens) are experiencing zucchini overload.  I'm not a zucchini casserole girl, but I sure do love zucchini bread!  I LOVE it!  Even though I will forgo the nuts (boo) for my kids, they don't share the love quite as much.  Oh well, more for me!  I use Paula Deen's recipe.  I'm sure there are much, much healthier versions out there (1 cup oil and 3 cups sugar - oy!), but this one tastes as it should.  Enjoy!

Paula's Zucchini Bread

3 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground nutmeg
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup water
1 tsp lemon juice
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts

Preheat oven to 350.  Mix together the flour, salt, nutmeg, soda, cinnamon and sugar in a large bowl.  Set aside.  In a separate bowl, combine oil, eggs, water, lemon juice and zucchini.  Fold zucchini mixture into flower mixture.  Stir until well combined.  Pour batter into 2 standard loaf pans sprayed with Pam.  Bake for 1 hour or until tester comes out clean.  Cool in pan on rack for 15-20 minutes.  Loosen from sides and remove from pans.  Continue to cool on rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment