Tuesday, July 27, 2021

My favorite summer spritz cocktails: French 75 and Aperol

 I like a bubbly drink.  I really like sprtizy cocktails.  I've been returning to Aperol Spritz and French 75 all summer.  Serve the 75 in a Champagne glass if you have it and the Aperol Spritz in a wine glass.  Or if you're at the cabin, throw it in a red solo cup and call it a day.   These cocktails call for Prosecco or Champagne.  I use neither.  Instead, I purchase canned sparkling white white 4-packs at Trader Joes.  Each can will make 3-4 drinks.  Perfect!

Aperol Spritz

3 oz (1 part) Aperol

3 oz (1 part) Procecco (TJ sparkling white wine)

1 oz (splash) of club soda or LaCroix water

In glass filled with ice, add Aperol and equal amount of Procecco.  Top with club soda and garnish with an orange slice if you want to fancy.


French 75

1 oz gin

1/2 oz lemon juice

1/2 oz simple syrup

3 oz Champagne (or TJ sparkling white wine)

Add gin, lemon juice and simple syrup to a shaker with ice and shake until well chilled. Strain into a Champagne flute.  Top with Champagne and garnish with lemon peel if you want to impress someone (or for a good Insta pic). 

No comments:

Post a Comment